Knox County schools Kindergarten Round-up; Enrollment
At the Kindergarten Round-up, parents receive important enrollment information in preparation of the upcoming school year.
If you were not able to attend Kindergarten Roundup on April 8th, you can still enroll at your zoned school.
New to Knox County - Documentation Required
New Student Enrollment Form
House Bill 2566
Kindergarten Enrollment Age Requirements for 2013-2014
Under new state law, the start school date for rising-Kindergarteners has changed. Children should be five (5) by August 15, 2014 to enter school for the 2014-2015 school year and any years thereafter.
If a child has a birth date between August 15-August 31, 2014 and has attended a State approved Pre-Kindergarten program, the child can be enrolled in a Knox County kindergarten program for the 2014-15 school year.
If a child has a birth date after August 15, 2014 and did not attend a State approved Pre-Kindergarten program and the parent would like the Support Team to consider early entry:
- The parent should go to their zone school and ask for the “Parent Referral to the S-Team”.
- The parent will fill out the “Parent Referral to the S-Team” and return it to the principal of the zoned school.
- The school will schedule a Support Team Meeting (S-Team) with the parent, the principal, a Kindergarten teacher representative, and the school psychologist to review the “Parent Referral to the S-Team”.
- The team may recommend that the school psychologist conduct an evaluation for eligibility of the Intellectually Gifted criteria.
- At the completion of the testing, the Individual Education Plan (IEP-Team) will reconvene and make a recommenation regarding the parents’ request.